Monday, February 29, 2016

Educational Toy: Pegs and Pegboard



I’ve seen these pegs and pegboard in the occupational therapy center. I thought of getting the same for my kids. I’ve searched local stores and online late last year, but haven’t found them.

source
I even asked my office mate who went to the US in December to get it for me at Walmart, unfortunately, he wasn’t able to find one of the branches he went to in Minnesota and Boston, they were out of stocks.

I kept on searching for alternatives and found the Easy-Grip Jumbo Pegs and Pegboard by Lakeshore at Lazada.ph @ P1,499.75 ($ 31.6) which is actually more than double the price of the original. At Lakeshore (US) this educational toy only priced at $14.99. See! That’s how expensive imported products are in the Philippines.

source
Anyway, since I do want the product for my kids, I still bought it, waited for a discount voucher until I finally got it at 10% off + free shipping for purchase P1000.00 up.

The Lakeshore Easy-Grip Jumbo Pegs and Pegboards has 30 pieces big, chunky 2” plastic pegs in 6 different colors and a ½” x 8 ½” orange flexible rubber foam board. Since, it’s jumbo the kids can easily hold and put them in place with their little hands.


We can actually do a lot of activities using this educational toy, like stacking and building towers, sorting colors, patterns, etc. Also an occupational therapy toy that targets the hand and eye coordination and fine motor skills of the child.

And since, it’s from Lakeshore Learning and considering the tag price, the product is expected to be of high quality and will really last for a lifetime, unless, the boy decided to bite the pieces.  


The product, didn’t come with a storage case, thus, I bought a plastic container which is originally intended for A4 bond paper at Daiso for P88.00 only. Now, this colorful toy is well organized in her new home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment